Saturday, March 2, 2013

Polina's Top Spring Nail Polishes

From Left: Air, Coral Reef, Tart Deco, Minted, Lacey Lilac
Happy March! Even though its snowing and below freezing outside, I'm tricking myself into thinking that it is already spring. Here are my some top spring nail polishes, plus a couple of alternatives to try!

From Left: Coral Reef, Tart Deco, Air, Minted, Lacey Lilac
The first color is called Coral Reef by Sally Hansen . This color is so fun and actually is a great transition into the summer as well. Its a bright coral that was my first color that I painted in honor of the warmer weather (the random two days of above freezing...). It wears beautifully, especially for the price. You can usually find it for even cheaper at Wal-Mart or Target. This reminds me of Revlon Tropical Temptation. Almost all companies have some awesome corals, I find this one to be a fun and cheap option. 


Next is one that I actually just picked up the other day. This is Tart Deco by Essie . I have seen a lot of pale oranges (I like to call it a sherbet color) I chose to trust Essie with this color for me. Its gorgeous and perfect for spring and summer. A great alternative that is part of the new L'Oreal Spring Collection is Orange You Jealous. Also a beautiful orange color that is a bit less muted than Tart Deco. 


The nail in the middle is a pale blue color called Air by Sally Hansen. I, unfortunately, could not find a link to the actual polish at any store, which was frustrating. But they are usually there when I go to Target, Ulta, or CVS. I hope this doesn't mean its discontinued... As you can see the whole line features a lot of beautiful pastels. This color is great, the only negative is that it requires three coats. But after that, it holds great. When I was at CVS I almost bought Essie's Burrowed and Blue, this is a creamier blue. Or Mint Candy Apple, which is light blue with a smallllllllll tint of mint. But the same idea. 

One of my favorite spring trends (this is almost a given and extremely predictable, but is almost beat out by Tart Deco) mint! This color is THE perfect spring mint, Revlon Minted. It goes on so creamy on the nail and makes your whole hand look fabulous and classy, even if you're like me and wear yoga pants and sweatshirt everyday to class. An obvious alternative that is very popular is China Glaze's Refresh Mint. 

Last, but certainly not least, Lacey Lilac by Sally Hansen. As you can tell I love me some Sally Hansen, mostly because I can buy a lot of colors that work only in certain seasons and not spend a lot of money. I'd rather not invest in a color that I wont wear for longer than a couple months! But this color is a lovely lavender that applies so great and looks amazing with a top coat. One of my favorite colors to wear. Another alternative is To Buy or Not to Buy by Essie!

Let me know what your favorite spring trends are! Thank you for reading!

-P-

No comments:

Post a Comment