Sunday, March 17, 2013

All the Small Things #1

Butter London "Knackered"
I have decided to start a series that was inspired by various bloggers such as Alix from 
I Covet Thee and Lily Pebbles of whatihearttoday.com. It's just a collection of a tidbit of things that have been making me happy lately. I've been home the past week for spring break and a hot bath and a home cooked meal always put me in a good mood. Not to mention being with family, for a short time at least, is a nice change from college life. However, there are other little things that have been bringing a bit of sunshine to these cold March days... 

As Polina mentioned in her previous post, we recently went on an Ulta date to take advantage of their 21 Days of Beauty. All the Butter London polishes were on sale that day and it was difficult to choose which color to get. After probably twenty minutes of deliberation, I decided to get Knackered. I immediately painted my nails when I got home and I can't express how delighted I am with the quality and unique shade of the nail polish. Also have noticed that I tend to enjoy things more when I got them for a deal ($9 instead of $15)!  
Ever since I discovered Kate Spade and all her bow jewelry, I can't seem to stop wanting everything with bows. These earrings were something my boyfriend bought for me when we were at my local mall. They are from Forever21 and are an adequate substitute till I am able to splurge on the real deal.  
Heart ring from Brandy Melville
Oh my goodness this ring is perfection. Polina was wonderful and got this for me when she was on her trip in New York. This ring is small and dainty which is superb for me because I never wear rings because they are usually bulky and get in the way of writing. I am very picky about jewerly because I like being simple. Thankfully, since we've been best friends for years, Polina knows my taste. I'm honestly never going to take it off. 
Last but not least, I couldn't not include a food item in a post about things that have been making me happy. Let's be honest, food is the bee's knees. Being home gives me access to a kitchen and I have been busy making muffins, cake, and I even made pad thai from scratch! And in the midst of all this cooking, I have to have a snack and that's where sugar snap peas come in. I eat them like I eat Hershey kisses, one after another. Yum! 

What has been making your day a bit brighter?
-M-

No comments:

Post a Comment