Thursday, March 21, 2013

Masha's Aveda Experience

Winter has come and gone... well almost. After having a stressful morning, I decided that today was the day that I would go to the Aveda Institute to be pampered and vamp up my good 'ol hair. Before I get into the details, what I basically had done was had four to five inches cut off all my layers and had my hair deep conditioned in order to combat the damage done over the winter. I am happy to say that my split ends are gone! 
image from www.groupon.com

This time around, my lovely hairdresser/stylist was Annette. Since Aveda isn't only a salon but also a school, Annette was very careful and described the entire process. After deep conditioning my hair, she wrapped it in a hot towel. I had to stand for part of my haircut because my hair was so long that it draped over the chair. Standing helped the cut to be more even. My hair used to be, when straightened, almost down to my belly button and now the longest layers are just below my boobs (yes, I said the word "boobs"). My natural hair is very thick and curly so if I let it air dry after showering it is now just above my chest. The best parts of the whole experience were getting my hair washed (am I the only one who loves that?) and the complimentary hand/arm massage. Of course the aftermath is wonderful too. My hair feels healthy and less dry! Maybe next time I'll cut it even shorter... 
-M-

2 comments:

  1. go you! lewkin gewd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello:) love your blog its so pretty!

    iv only had mine for 1/2 weeks and still getting use to it

    if possibly could you check mine out and mabey give me a few pointers???

    thankyou so much XXXXX

    hughesingg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete