Friday, March 15, 2013

Polina's Inglot Eyeshadow Review

I have just recently returned from New York City! It was so much fun, and shopping was an obvious highlight. I had a hard time shopping in NYC because I don't want to buy anything that I could buy at home, I want to remember my purchases as THAT is what I bought on vacation in the city. I've heard a couple things about Inglot around the beauty world, but not enough to really be drawn to ordering anything online. While walking around Times Square I saw their store and decided to go check it out, because the MAC store is overwhelming and I am not about that. 
Courtesy of Fashion Island


First off, its beautiful. All the colors the pop out at you against the black background makes your heart flutter, if you're a makeup lover like me. I tended to focus on the eyeshadow's because that is what drew me in first. But there seemed to be a couple of make up artists buying products in bulk from the other sections, so that seem's trustworthy. They have a system called the Freedom System where they can give you various size palettes, you can get a 1-40 size palette. They come in two forms, magnetic top or a mirror top. 
I preferred the magnetic just because I thought it looked cooler and more unique, also, I have plenty of mirrored palettes. Mine ended up being about $28 with tax, which is a lot, but I definitely worth it. Especially because I bought it in New York and got a really personalized experience picking my colors out. 
The colors I got are 06, 09, 363.
From left: 363, 09, 06
My goal was to obviously get colors that I don't own. 363 was a little bit of a flop, mostly because I was hoping it would be a little bit more plummy, but I must have been too excited to look for a better one. But regardless, with certain colors it still gives off a plum undertone! The middle color is probably my favorite, its a golden bronze color, so beautiful on the eye. Especially with a matte brown, or 363,  in the crease and just a thick coat of mascara, looks great. Lastly, 06, this is a daring color for me (.. obviously I'm not very daring) but it is a shinny moss green that comes off as a light champagne with a green tint. Really beautiful for a bright and awake eye look. 
From left: 06, 09, 363
Overall, I am very satisfied with this purchase. A great addition to my collection, I love having new things to try out and enjoy. This will have a wonderful memory behind it as well. I recommend going to an Inglot store when in NYC or other locations!

-P-

1 comment:

  1. yes i like these colors, like dat middle, mm

    ReplyDelete