Saturday, March 23, 2013

Polina's Natural Bright Eye Look

Since it is now Spring time I figure its time to bring out the natural bright look. I am a college student so that means 8 hours a night is an un-achievable goal. But that's what make up is for, right?


Now, I tried to stay simple and focus more on making this a bright look!
Here are my natural eyes. All I did was wash my face a moisturize! They may be a little red from washing them, but otherwise, this is my fresh palette that I have to work with. 
The very first thing that I do is apply my MAC Paint Pot in painterly to even out my skin tone on my lids and it doubles as a primer. My eye shadow lasts all day! I also put my concealer on at the same time, I use the Revlon ColorStay in Fair. I don't really have a special under eye concealer, but I really like this one because it lasts a long time and is the perfect shade. To make it last even longer and to avoid the greasy eyed look I like to apply a light layer of powder over top. Lately I've been using the Rimmel Stay Matte in 001 Transparent. It's just light enough to make it not look cakey. In general, you can use any powder. 
Finally the fun part! I first do my eyebrows which I have been really into doing lately. I use a mix of Naked 2 and Faint from the Naked Basics Palette to just make them appear a bit fuller. I think this works perfectly for this natural look to add contrast to your eyes. Next I add an even layer of my Inglot color in 06 all over my lid which is a light shimmery champagne with a green tint too it. I think its a nice spin on the usual champagne color that is my regular for every day looks. Then, I used a little bit of Faint, a matte brown from the Naked Basics, but this time in my crease. Nothing too exaggerated, just to add some contrast and depth.  (P.S. ignored the difference in color, my lighting was a bit uneven making the left side seem darker!)
Lastly for eye shadow  I did some fun highlighting. I used Foxy, a matte cream color, on my brow bone to make it stand out. I love this color for the brow bone, especially when I do a shimmery eye, this makes a perfect contrast without looking like a glitter ball. Then in my inner corner I very generously applied Venus, also from the Naked Basics. This is a very shiny white color without being glittery. It brings the perfect brightness to the eyes. 
For the last thing I added a coat of my favorite mascara, Mayebelline's the Falsies. I use the color Black Drama in Waterproof. I have very watery eyes and I love to be reassured that it wont run down my face. When I put the mascara on I lead the brush away from my eyes and out in order to open up my eyes. As the day goes on, there is a bit of fall out of the green color but it falls out as just a shimmer, I actually really like it. It adds brightness and life to my face.

I know this look wasn't anything particularly new or exciting, but its a useful look for the season. 
Let me know what you think!

-P-

4 comments: