Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Masha's February Favorites

I figured since my lovely collaborator posted about the products she indulged in this month, it was about time that I did the same. I must warn you my post is not as extensive as Polina's and it only focuses on beauty products I've been loving this past month. 



So I have to begin with the Seche Vite Top Coat. In the past, I had always used Sally Hansen's "Insta-Dri" Anti-Chip Top Coat but it would always change in consistency and become icky on the nails (very accurate description...). After reading a post by Estée from Essie Button about her nail care, I picked this top coat up when I was on one of my Target adventures. I've been using it for a little over two weeks and so far I have no complaints. 


Next is a hair product that Polina chose for me. I have been lusting after various hair serums and deep hair conditioners but those can be quite pricey. Hollywood Beauty's Olive Oil is actually mainly marketed for African American hair. It claims to add shine, work as a heat protectant, and fights hair breakage. I just put some oil into the ends of my hair after showering and I think it's made my hair look healthier and less frizzy. The only downside is the strong smell, but for less than FOUR dollars, it's a miracle worker. 

Around a year ago, I purchased a mini version of Urban Decay's Makeup Setting Spray and after recalling how awake it made me feel, I purchased the full size version. I bit skeptical if this truly makes my make up stay on longer, but it is oil free and feels so nice on the face. I learned from Ingrid, or missglamorazzi, that you should spray it on the face before and after you put on your full face of make up. 


I've always had a thing for Soap and Glory after I tried their Hand Food lotion. My Sephora at home no longer carries their products so when I found Soap and Glory at the Sephora near my school, I grabbed the Righteous Body Butter to keep in my purse. It smells amazing and makes my legs feel soft.



Speaking of Soap and Glory, the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen appears to be similar to Soap and Glory's Super Cat eyeliner pen. As I've mentioned before, I rarely wear eyeliner but this product is so easy to use that I have been gravitating towards it for a boldier going-out look. 

What have you been loving this month?


-M-

No comments:

Post a Comment