Sunday, February 3, 2013

Review of Tarte Glamazon in "Playful"


My relationship with lipstick goes something like this: I go to CVS and look at all the bright new colors. Usually crazy pinks, corals, and purples. Think to myself, wow I can pull this off because I’m really tan. Come home, try them on, remember I am a ghost, and they sit sadly in my lipstick drawer until that peak of summer when I am ALMOST tan enough . Not that I don’t like to embrace my paleness, I just often forget how it can limit me. So, when I found this color I was intrigued.  I was really excited about the Glamazon lipsticks by Tarte because first of all, I heard they have awesome staying power. I am not someone who usually likes to reapply makeup because I’m lazy. I decided to treat myself for this winter to one of their darker colors called, "Playful"



This is a pale girls dream come true. The color is plummy without being too dark and overwhelming for my face. Also, it is extremely build-able  I have found ways to wear it for multiple occasions that range from going to class or for a night out. Winter, in general, is my lip-enemy. I get very chapped lips. This lipstick is creamy enough so it doesn't stick to the dry skin on my lips making it look super gross. I found that paired with a little bit of lip balm it’s even better and still stays on the same amount of time.
Nothing on my chapped lips. 

A little bit of balm and a bit of Playful
Playful applied generously


These lipsticks advertise as having 12 hour lasting power. I will say that no matter how lightly I wear this lipstick, it is usually still visible at the end of the day. It very much depends on if I’m vigorously eating things like burgers or if I’m going with some sushi, but usually my lips still have some color.

The obvious downside is the price, at Sephora and Ulta they sell for $26. For me this was an extreme splurge, but I can definitely say it was worth it. From the beautiful packaging, to the color pay off, I’d say this is definitely my favorite lipstick.
Have you guys tried any other colors? Let me know, I definitely want to pick up more!


-P-

1 comment:

  1. I love that you've done a build up! Very snazzy!

    http://whatlettieloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete