Monday, February 25, 2013

Review of February Birchbox

So I've done it again... 
I gave beauty boxes another go after my experience with ipsy's Glam Bag (read about it here). I wasn't expecting to get my Birchbox till next month, but it arrived two nights ago. With the Glam Bag, you know ahead of time what you're are getting. Some people may enjoy this, but I was more excited for my Birchbox because I had no idea what was inside. 


This was my first experience with Birchbox but I knew pretty much what to expect because I did various research before spending $10 on ambiguous samples. Curiously, the first thing I noticed the sturdiness of the actual box. Am I the only one who likes containers...? Here is what was inside this box:


1. TIGI Rockaholic Fun Times Flexible Hairspray: I have fallen into love with hair products. I only use hairspray when I've straightened or curled my hair so I've only tried this product out a couple times. It holds pretty well and smells sweet. 
2. theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer: This is marketed as a highlighter, eyeshadow, and shimmer. It's very pigmented, champagne colored and my favorite out of the four beauty items in this box. 
3. Juicy Couture Couture La La: I'm sure very few people have been blessed with the talent of describing a perfume scent. It's very girly and strong. Not exactly my signature aroma. 
4. Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint: I was so excited to finally try a product by Jouer but I was very disappointed because Birchbox sent me the darkest shade Jouer sells. I have been using this as a creme bronzer. You can see how dark it is in the picture below. 
5. Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel Square: This was the "treat" Birchbox had in this month's box. Needless to say, it went straight into my mouth. Yum! 


Unfortunately, I won't be purchasing more beauty boxes in the near future. I just don't believe it is worth the money. I rather save that money for some of my wishlist items! 
-M-

No comments:

Post a Comment