Saturday, February 16, 2013

Polina's Review of L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer

I, for some reason, haven't heard anything about these in the beauty blog/YouTube world, so I was excited to be able to try something out myself and review it! Small disclaimer: This is a very light review, I have only bought two colors, but I think I have a decent view of the collection, but I still encourage to try this out for yourself if this seems to fit your needs!
The colors that I chose to try out are Infinite Fuchsia and Lilac Ever After
Lilac Ever After
Infinite Fuchsia



Depending on where you shop, these vary in price. The cheapest I have found them at is at Target for $7.99, otherwise I've seen them be up to $10.50, which I think is overpriced for the product. I first bought Lilac Ever After, the name is definitely misleading because it is not lilac at all. 
Lip selfies are obviously not  my thing...
I found that this color was essentially just a "my lips but better" color. Its a warm toned, mauve, pink with a slight gold sparkle. It did very little for the actual color of my lips, but it did feel hydrating. I use it when I am on the run in the morning before class, but in all honesty I feel like I could definitely last without it. 
For the more exciting color, Intense Fuchsia...
As you can tell, there was definitely great color payoff for this color. In person it looks even more intense and I think its such a fun color. It is SO bright. Brightest color I own. The color is a fuchsia but unlike most fuchsias, its very warm. Almost close to a plummy color. Great for the cold weather! 
Now, for the actual wear of the lip stains. They are advertised to be a hydrating, glossy, long lasting, lip stain. I agree they it is hydrating, unlike with my most regular lipsticks, it doesn't grab onto all the dry skin on my lips. It makes my lips feel great. For the glossiness, I also agree that it holds true. The only thing I would say is that if you smear it on accident (especially the fuchsia one) it can get a bit messy! As it goes for the long lasting claim, I disagree. Its supposed to be 6 hours, but I usually get about 1-2 hours of the glossiness (if I don't eat) and about 4 hours of the actual color (especially with infinite fuchsia). But, if I decide to eat, there is almost no chance of it staying on. These glosses are often compared to the YSL lipstains, but they are obviously a bargain compared to the YSL! I don't own any of those, but this is a good product to try on if you want to see how you look like with a pigmented lip gloss stain.

Have you tried any other colors? Let me know what you think!

-P-

No comments:

Post a Comment