Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Masha's Top Winter Lipsticks


In my opinion, winter is the best time to wear bright colors on your lips because your complexion is at its lightest (unless you're lucky enough to live in a location where it's sunny year-round). I feel like I'm at that age where actual lipstick, not lipgloss or lip stain, is typically only acceptable for special outings. However, for an everyday look, I usually apply a lighter coat of the lipstick than when I'm going out. This still livens my face and makes me look less like a zombie. 



Top to bottom: Bonfire, Kiss of Life, Rebel
The first lipstick is one I bought back in autumnPlummy/berry shades always begin to make an appearance as soon as people switch out flip flops for boots. Rebel by Mac happens to be the first Mac lipstick I had ever purchased. It is not as dark on the lips as it appears to be in the tube and it has a satin finish which makes the lipstick creamy and semi-matte. 



I have always heard great things about the Rimmel London's Kate Moss lipstick line so I recently decided to try one out for myself. The color I have, Kiss of Life , is a beautiful bright red. I am typically skeptical when buying red lipsticks because I worry that they will cause my teeth to look yellow, but this lipstick is not only extremely smooth, it does not influence the color of my teeth. 



Note to self: invest in a lip liner

Last, but definitely not least, is the NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Bonfire. Now this isn't exactly a lipstick, it's more of a hybrid between a lipstick and a lipgloss. In fact, NYX describes it as a "liquid lipstick". The color payoff is amazing and it stays on my lips so well that it literally takes a persistant amount of rubbing to get it all off. 




What are your preferred lipstick colors for the winter?

-M-



3 comments:

  1. i LOVE the nyx lip cream products! my favorite colors to wear in the winter are more plummy and nude colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey gorgeous! I love the blog :) If you have any time would you be able to check out mine? I just uploaded a post about my trip to Nepal which I really want to share with the world.

    Thankyou! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection! MAC Rebel is one of my all-time favourite MAC lipsticks :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete