Thursday, February 14, 2013

Polina's Valentines Day Nail

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Even though its already Valentine's Day, its never too late to paint a cute festive pattern! I decided to do something a little different so I tried this out.



1. A coat of Sally Hansen Thicken-Up to protect them from getting stained. Just a side note: I don't notice that this helps with any kind of thickening, absolutely nothing, but I still use it just to prevent nasty stains. 
2. After that was reasonably dry, I did two coats of Essie's Forever Yummy then wait a good amount of time so you can do the dots! 
3. For the fun part, I used the Kiss Nail Art in White to make varied dots toward the top and gradient into the bottom. Because of the brush, they turned out to be a little bit smeared, but I actually like that! If you'd like, you can always use a pencil to make the dots a little bit more circular. 
4. To spice it up, I drew a small heart on my ring finger to make it more festive! Then I let that dry for another couple minutes. 
5. Finally, then I used a pencil tip (you can use a toothpick or anything pointy!) to use OPI Bubble Bath to put over top of some of the white dots and spread it out into the gradient. I also added a shade to the heart pretty messily to make it a little crazier.

From the left: OPI Bubble Bath, Kiss Nail Art, Essie Forever Yummy, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, and Thicken-Up

I topped it off with my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri (my favorite top coat) after I let it dry for a good TEN-FIFTEEN minutes. This is important so you don't smear everything!

Let me know how you like it and show me some of your cool nails!

-P-

No comments:

Post a Comment