Saturday, February 9, 2013

Polina's First Impression: Kendall & Kylie PacSun Collection

As some of you may know, Kendall and Kylie Jenner (half sisters of the Kardashian girls) have come out with their very own line of clothing through PacSun which went live on the website and stores Feb 8th. I have been a pretty faithful Kardashian fan, so I am excited by anything that has to do with them. PacSun was definitely the right choice of store for their collection because they are very California and are into the beachy styles (I do a lot of Instagram creeping of their lives...). You can see that the collection features a good amount of tops, bottoms, accessories, and dresses.



Some things, like the high-lo skirt or high-waisted shorts are nothing I haven't seen before. I think they will get a lot of sales only because to get ones at similar quality at Urban Outfitters would be up to 20-30 dollars more. Lets be honest, it is extremely confusing to me as to why the Long Sleeve Fleece is sold out since it is tacky and brings nothing new to the table other than a very "tumblr-esque" quote on the back. No one has time for that. But, nonetheless, it was one of the very first things to sell out. 

Now to the fun part. My top things that I am loving and hoping to maybe be purchasing in the future. First is the amazing and extraordinary Printed Pants. A definite favorite. I cannot even begin to think about how long I have been longing to find flowy printed pants that are not leggings or jeans. These are exactly what I had in mind. They are very new and chic and can be dressed down or made into a very cute outfit. Essentially, I am nothing less than in love. I hope to see more of these in stores.



Next, what I do understand being sold out is the Utility Shirt. I love the 90's grungy mixed with army look that is coming back quite strongly in the past fall and winter, so I think this is a perfect representation of something that brings a new twist. There is a bit of studding but it isn't overdone, my personal favorite part has got to be the tie at the waist, making it a more flattering top. This shirt can be worn so many ways, from girly to edgy. I would probably stay casual and wear it with black pants or leggings and a colorful necklace.



Lastly, a good follow up to the utility shirt would be the Faux Leather Sleeve Moto Jacket. I have been seeing several such trends online, the mix of fabrics in sleeves. I am loving it, I think its an interesting combination that definitely works. The only thing I am not a fan of is the fact that it has the side-zip. I was never a fan of that because it doesn't look as casual, so if I did buy this (its 80 dollars so that's a no) I would definitely wear it open and wouldn't depend on it much for actual warmth. 



Overall, I'm excited to see where they go next! I respect them for doing something outside the usual family name. What do you think about this collection? Is it worth it?

-P-

1 comment:

  1. lol @ that sweater being sold out. but srsly those pantssssssssss

    ReplyDelete