Monday, February 4, 2013

Polina's Favorite Moisturizer "Yes to Tomatoes!"


I’ve recently started getting into taking care of my skin with things other than some random face wash. Mostly because as I watch YouTube, I see all the options in skin care. Most “good” products are way out of my price range, therefore I try to explore in the drug store area. My biggest fear at all times is to somehow, accidentally, end up like this :




Note, I am still just exploring. My favorite moisturizer at the moment is Yes to Tomatoes. The Yes to line in general has gotten some pretty good reviews so I decided to try it out. The places I have consistently seen the Yes to products are at Target and Ulta, the moisturizer sells for 14.99 at both places.  Mine is called the Yes to Tomatoes, clear skin, they have a couple different moisturizers, Yes to Carrots (all skin types), Yes to Grapefruit (correct and repair), Yes to Blueberries (age refresh), and Yes to Cucumbers (soothing).
My skin is combination to dry and this is perfect for what my skin wants. I have a couple noticeable blemishes almost all the time and also small bumps on my forehead and chin, as well as redness around my nose and chin area. I can safely say that this moisturizer helped to clear up some of my little bumps that aren’t exactly noticeable all the time, unless in bright light, but in general are just annoying. So it was nice to be able to touch my face and have it be smoother. I like putting this one right before I go to bed, after cleansing my face, and in the morning before I do my make-up. I let it set in for a little and then I notice that my foundation has a nice base to go over.



Overall, I would definitely say that this does the job. It’s 98% natural and paraben-free, so I am assured that I’m not feeding excessive chemicals into my skin.  The only downside is the smell. It smells like vegetables and tomatoes especially (unless you think a tomato is a fruit…I don’t know...sorry). I definitely have gotten used to it because I don’t notice it after I put it on every morning and night, but it was definitely something I noticed. If the smell bothers you, you can try a different kind, but note it might not be targeted toward the same skin type as mine and the price may be different. Another downside is that the Tomatoes one does not include any SPF, so in the summer I will still have to wear a different facial sunscreen under it, BUT cucumber, blueberries, grapefruit, and carrots have SPF 15-30.

-P-

P.S. According to the box, “A portion of proceeds from every Yes to product goes toward the Yes to Seed Fund --- giving kids fun and engaging ways to connect with Mother Nature and teaching them to lead healthier lifestyles”.

No comments:

Post a Comment