Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sneaky Drugstore Haul

A week or so ago, I was having one of those days and I somehow ended up at CVS with my hands filled with things I have been eyeing for a while. You can tell that my purchases were a bit nail heavy...
1. Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Extreme Wear: I've always been a fan of this line of Sally Hansen nail polishes. They are quite inexpensive, usually costing about three or four dollars, and stay on the nails for a decent length of time. I finally picked up Pacific Blue after hearing Allison or Amarixe rave about this deep blue nail polish. At first, I had grabbed a light pastel blue by Revlon as well, but then I noticed that Sally Hansen had come out with a similar baby blue in the Hard As Nails Extreme Wear line. That is the story of how Breeze Blue came into my possession. 

2. Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush: I have been looking for the perfect creme blush for quite some time. Although I still have my heart set on one of Stila's Convertible Color blushes, I had heard that Revlon sold creme blushes that looked natural and were worth the price. The only problem is that the line has only three colors: Pinched, Coral Reef, and Flushed. My CVS had only two of the colors and out of the two I chose Pinched. This blush is a light coral with just a bit of shimmer. Perfect for spring! These blushes are a bit pricey for drugstore standards, but they are currently on sale on the Ulta website for under 8 dollars!

3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm: If you read my March Favorites, you would know that I am obsessed with this product because it is easy to apply and stay on all day. I recently bought this in Honey, which is "your lips but better" pink. I have been wearing it almost every day since I bought it. It's also on sale at Ulta right now! 

4. Revlon Color Stay Nail Enamel in Bare Bones: I have to admit, I have a pretty extensive nail polish collection. However, I recently realized that my nude nail polish was far too old so I tossed it and bought a replacement. I had heard great things about the Revlon Color Stay nail polishes but Bare Bones was the first one I tried. Although I do not need any more nail polishes, I am so tempted to buy more from this line because the brush is very thick and the polish dries very quickly. Needless to say, I will be rocking nude nails for the next couple of weeks. 

Top: Revlon Blush in Pinched, Bottom: Kissable Balm in Honey 
What drugstore makeup have you had your eye on lately? 
-M-

No comments:

Post a Comment