Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Cleaning/Empties

Anyone who know me knows that I'm an avid cleaner. I stress clean, I clean if I'm bored, and I clean when I'm in a good mood. However, when it comes to make up and beauty products overall, I am not horribly strict when it comes to expiration dates. Recently I was inspired by Estée from Essie Button to throw out some of my oldest products that I haven't reached for in months. I also have added products that have reached their end. 


  1. Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation: I used this foundation in early autumn when my skin was tanner. Since this is a water-based foundation, it is supposed to be thrown out after about 12 months. It wasn't the best foundation I've used and it smelled strongly of vomit... I won't be repurchasing it.  
  2. NYC Nail Polishes: I have used a number of NYC nail polishes in my day. They are cheap and long lasting. I am getting rid of these because they are old and I have very similar colors by other companies that do not stain my nails as much as these nail polishes do. 
  3. Revlon Nail Polish: This polish in Sheer Nude has been in my collection for a couple years. I have recently replaced it with Revlon's "Bare Bones". 
  4. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara: This mascara was talked about a lot in the beauty community. I did enjoy it at first but it quickly became clumpy. You're supposed to throw out mascara after four months. 
  5. Elf Liquid Eyeliner: I have to admit I did not use this product more than three or four times. It was inexpensive and hard to use. I have a liquid eyeliner that I prefer way more. The shelf life of a liquid eyeliner is only a couple months so this has to go. 

  1. The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream + Body Lotion: These two products came in a giftset that Polina got for me for the holidays. I cannot tolerate many of the Body Shop scents, but I did like the shea scented products. Unfortunately I have already used up both the body lotion and shower cream.   
  2. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter: I adore Soap & Glory and I am sorry to see this product go. It smells delicious and girly and made my legs smooth. I will be getting this again and in a bigger size. 
  3. KB StriVectin-SD: After years of dance and frightening techniques to force my body to be as flexible as possible, I have to admit that I have stretch marks. I don't know if this product truly worked but I like to believe it did. 
-M-


No comments:

Post a Comment